Saturday, April 05, 2008

Till we meet again!

We didn't even say that to each other when we drifted apart after being good friends. Yet, it was great to see a scrap from her on my Orkut scrapbook.

It made me feel good, that it is possible to still be friends with an old friend. It made me feel that may be we have both matured enough to leave behind the immaturity of the situation that made her say nasty things about me to other friends. It made me feel that may be in the larger scheme of life, those few months of bad air between us was too short a time to worry about now. It made me feel that it might be great to meet up again. It made me feel that I'd missed out on being a part of the good times and milestones of her life.

It was this that made me read the posts on her blog. She now goes by a different last name (which in my opinion means going by a new identity). She is married, and is a mother. Something I don't picture her as. Till she started blogging recently, she had stopped writing! Something terrible for a University topper in English literature, not to mention her otherwise impressive mastery over the written word. Worse, she now lives in Chennai. Something that is unacceptable for a friend mine to do.

Suddenly, I think she is a new person. It makes me feel a bit sceptical. Has she changed too much? It makes me feel I really want to meet her again because she must be a different person now. It makes me feel I should not meet her again because she may be way too different from the person I know (knew?).

But, it would be wrong to form an opinion. It would only be fair to begin on a new note, even though she's an old friend. So, here's hoping that we shall meet soon, and remember to say a better goodbye to each other when we leave. That might help us meet again, again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home