Thursday, January 15, 2009

Cryptic... not my style

If you’ve seen the movie Hitch, you’ll know what I mean. I’m referring to the part where Will Smith goes, “Well, see, I'm more of a literal kind of guy.…”


I always knew this about me but I’m realizing it more and more now: If it’s cryptic, I don’t get it. I’d understand something like Outlaw leader putting money away as some loser who stores his money in an underground pit, as opposed to a “direct” reference to Banking. But, we’re not only talking crosswords here. The operative part being, not only.


So, if you want to tell me something, just say it as it is. I don’t promise the most rosy expression in this world, or even an out-of-the-world verbal reaction, but it’s just that the information is easier to process that way. Hitch, I see your point, I seem to be wired that way too.


I suppose they were thinking of me when they told communicators to… Keep It Simple, Stupid.

2 Comments:

At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

May be you should start doing crosswords, Dhanuska, then you'll start seeing the delights of the cryptic. It's also a great way to have a private conversation while in the midst of a group.

 
At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What Dhanuska is - subtle as a ... (12)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home